Welcome

Artwork Rules.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

recent religous paintings


"Fear Ye Not Therefore, Ye Are of More Value Than Many Sparrows"
oil on canvas
11"x 13"

This comes from the scripture: Matthew 10: 29-31 which reads:
"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the
 ground without your Father.
But the very hairs of your head are all numbered."
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows."

I love the gentle look on Christ's face as He holds this fallen sparrow in His
hands.  I hope this will give comfort to those who have wondered if
Heavenly Father truly cares about them.  He does and always will.

Print Sizes














"I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me"
oil on canvas
18"x 24"   oil

3 Nephi 11:11

This painting depicts our Savior Jesus Christ, drinking out of that bitter cup given Him of our Father in Heaven.  I wanted to give this painting the feeling that He is truly alone.  His white robes represent His purity and being spotless and sinless.  He alone was able to perform this sacred act in behalf of all mankind, and He did it willingly because He loves us. 

May we always remember that no matter how distant we may feel from Him, we can return back to Him if we choose to repent and allow His peace to fill our lives.



Painting Size



"Pray to thy Father which is in secret"
16"x 20"   oil

Matthew 6:6
"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door,
pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall
reward thee openly."



"Another Testament Of Jesus Christ"
18"x 24"    oil

I wanted to create a painting portraying our Savior Jesus Christ out in the wilderness showing the Book Of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, as if to a group of people. After all, He is the one this book testifies of. And it is by His spirit we can come to know that it is a true record of scripture.


Painting Size



                                             



"Hope Smiling Brightly Before Us"
18" x 24"     oil

For a long time I have always wanted to see a painting of Christ with a genuine smile looking at you with a sparkle in His eyes. I was fairly anxious about doing this considering most of the time we see Christ mostly solemn in paintings. After all, He is the reason we can experience true, everlasting joy as we do our very best to follow him daily. I can see Him being pleased and happy as we do so. I couldn't help but think of the line "There is hope smiling before us" from Hymn No. 19, We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet.



Painting Size

3 comments:

  1. I love this! You are so talented Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My gosh I never new you were an artist these are amazing!! you have a wonderful gift!! Me and John had such a wonderful time looking at all your artwork and reading about them!! I hope you guys are doing great! I made a blog for me and john check it out deyoungadventures.blogspot.com keep in touch you two!!!

    ReplyDelete