Welcome

Artwork Rules.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Porter and Tom Chaplin

During the first part of 2011 I did these paintings in my portraiture painting class that Del Parson teaches at Dixie State College in Saint George, Utah.  My best friend growing up-Porter Fisher-was an excellent musician and really started taking off with it while I was serving a full-time LDS mission in the Oklahoma Tulsa Mission.  Three months before I returned home, on March 5, 2010, he passed away on a hiking accident.  This totally devastated me, we were looking forward to a lot of fun things when I got back.  I will always greatly miss his fun spunky personality.  So in honor of the happiness that he brought to people using his talents such as playing the guitar, I saw a really great picture of him and did this painting from it.  I also did a 3-in-1 painting of Tom Chaplin, who is the lead singer in the band KEANE, which he was obsessed with.  Hope you like!

I've been told that both of these paintings are now in Porter's bedroom, exactly what I was hoping for!  For me, I simply want to remember the fun, good things he did, and all the great memories I had with him, which are MANY!  I'm sure he's dazzling tons of people with his talents in the next life, and I sure do look forward to seeing him again!  Rock on my friend, love you bro!

1 comment:

  1. Nathan, what a sweet write up about Porter. I'm sure he misses you and the good times you had together. Yes these paintings are hanging in Porter's room and I go in there often and sit in the rocking chair to admire them and reflect and remember Porter.

    Thank you so much for your priceless gift and your eternal friendship to Porter and our family. You are one special young man.

    ReplyDelete